About Me.....

My name is Margaret Horst but I go by Maggie most of the time. I'm going to be an elementary teacher and would like to teach in the Kindergarten or first grade range but will gladly take what I can get! Right now I am a Junior at University of South Alabama and will be a senior starting Spring 2010. Kids are such an important part of society and it is important to get kids educated and have fun with it and that is what I plan on doing.

blogging

Ok I'm writing a blog about blogging in a blog, kind of funny! Throughout this semester I have been blogging along with the rest of my classmates. We have commented on other students' blogs, we have commented on students' blogs in other countries and we have worked on our "professional blogs." Blogs create networks and help you learn from one another and even meet new people. Blogs are very important in today's technological society and I feel like this will be very useful in my teaching, for example I had a teacher in high school that used a blog to post all of our assignments and I will probably do this as well and post my students work to it. Blogging is very important for teaching and I fully plan on using it.