About Me.....

My name is Margaret Horst but I go by Maggie most of the time. I'm going to be an elementary teacher and would like to teach in the Kindergarten or first grade range but will gladly take what I can get! Right now I am a Junior at University of South Alabama and will be a senior starting Spring 2010. Kids are such an important part of society and it is important to get kids educated and have fun with it and that is what I plan on doing.

If you have any questions, raise your hand.

Open communication in my classroom is important. I have had teachers that do want students asking questions until they are done talking or sometimes they do not want you to ask a question at all. I do not want to be the teacher that my students do not like or can't feel like they can talk to me. I want my students to be open and honest with me at all times. I want my students to always feel free to be able to ask questions or talk to me. No question is stupid or unimportant. If I'm not sure of the answer, then we can find out together. Class discussion will be encouraged. If the students have any problems, I will listen, and I will do my best to make it known to them that they can talk to me or ask me any question they want.