About Me.....

My name is Margaret Horst but I go by Maggie most of the time. I'm going to be an elementary teacher and would like to teach in the Kindergarten or first grade range but will gladly take what I can get! Right now I am a Junior at University of South Alabama and will be a senior starting Spring 2010. Kids are such an important part of society and it is important to get kids educated and have fun with it and that is what I plan on doing.

Attitudes about Teaching

My attitudes on teaching are pretty simple. Teachers should always be "co-learners", always keeping an open mind on learning. Something that Dr. Strange said on the first day of class will always stick with me is "burp back education" and teachers should never use this method and I will do everything I can do to keep this from becoming how I teach. I do not want to teach my kids something and then they just remember it for tests, I want what I teach them to stick with them in life.

Teachers should never be closed minded and think they know everything there is about teaching. Teachers are in the classroom to make a difference in a child's education and that is exactly what I plan on doing.