About Me.....

My name is Margaret Horst but I go by Maggie most of the time. I'm going to be an elementary teacher and would like to teach in the Kindergarten or first grade range but will gladly take what I can get! Right now I am a Junior at University of South Alabama and will be a senior starting Spring 2010. Kids are such an important part of society and it is important to get kids educated and have fun with it and that is what I plan on doing.

Becoming a Teacher

I decided to become a teacher just last year. I had been toying with the idea for a few years and after 3 years of "finding myself" in Tuscaloosa and having to move back home, I realized this is something I want to do with my life. Everybody has that one teacher that sticks out in their mind and I want to be that teacher to my students. No matter what age I am teaching, it is never too early to be using the tools we learned about and used in this class. I will probably get my students to post their work to blogs just like the students did in our comments4kids assignments.
Becoming a teacher is no easy task but I am making it and will not give up.